Un certo non so che Mi giunge e passa il cor, E pur dolor, non è. Se questo fosse amor? Nel suo vorace ardor, Già posi incauta, Posi il piè!
- by Sebastiano Biancardi (1679 - 1741), as Domenico Lalli, written 1716 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Vivaldi (1678 - 1741), "Un certo non so che", RV 700, first performed 1716 [strings and soprano voice], from the opera Arsilda, regina di Ponto [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Barbara Miller) (Lorenzo Prelli) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Philippe Lebourg) , "Un certain je-ne-sais-quoi", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Diego S. Loyola) , "Un cierto no sé qué", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 7
Word count: 30