— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Mikołaj Bieszczadowski (1923 - 2017), copyright ©
- a text in Spanish (Español) by Federico García Lorca (1898 - 1936), "Malagueña", appears in Poema del Cante Jondo, in Tres ciudades, no. 1, first published 1921
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Henryk Mikołaj Górecki (1933 - 2010), "Malaguena", op. 42 no. 2 (1980) [ medium voice and piano ], from Dwie pieśni, no. 2
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Enrique Beck (1904 - 1974) , "Malagueña", appears in Drei Städte, no. 1, copyright © ; composed by Hermann Reutter.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Anatoly Mikhailovich Geleskul (1934 - 2011) , copyright © ; composed by Dmitri Dmitriyevich Shostakovich.
This page was added to the website: 2010-11-15