Pueri Hebraeorum, [tollentes]1 ramos olivarum, obviaverunt Domino, clamantes et dicentes: Hosanna in excelsis.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Corpus Antiphonalium Officii Vol. III Invitatoria et Antiphonae. Editio Critica. Editum a Renato-Joanne Hesbert Monacho Solesmensi. Casa Editrice Herder - Roma 1968, page 418 (CAO number 4415).1 Schubert: "portantes"
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , no title [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Pueri Hebraeorum", op. posth. 113 no. 4, D 696 no. 4 (1820), published 1829 [ satb chorus a cappella ], from Sechs Antiphonen zur Palmweihe am Palmsonntag, no. 4 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "De kinderen van de Joden"
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "The Hebrew children", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Les enfants des Hébreux", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor] , Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website: 2011-11-06 00:00:00
Last modified: 2017-09-18 13:29:30
Line count: 5
Word count: 13