You can help us modernize! The present website has been online for a very long time and we want to bring it up to date. As of May 6, we are $2,380 away from our goal of $15,000 to fund the project. The fully redesigned site will be better for mobile, easier to read and navigate, and ready for the next decade. Please give today
to join dozens of other supporters in making this important overhaul possible!
Much of our material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
Printing texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information
, contact us at the following address:
Please read the instructions below the translations before writing!
In your e-mail, always include the names of the translators if you wish to reprint something.
Composer: Ernest Whyte (1858 - 1922)
Listing of art song and choral settings in the database
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
Note: A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
All titles of vocal settings in Alphabetic order
- Aus meinen Tränen sprießen, op. 28 (Songs) no. 1 (Text: Heinrich Heine) CAT DUT DUT DUT ENG ENG ENG ENG FIN FRE FRE FRE GRE HEB IRI ITA RUS RUS SPA SPA ENG ENG ENG ENG ENG ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE FRE ROM UKR
- Before Harvest, op. 75 no. 1 (Text: Ernest Whyte after Friedrich Hermann Frey)
- By Carnalee, op. 35 no. 1
- Childe Harold, op. 30 (Songs) no. 1 (Text: Emma Lazarus after Heinrich Heine) FRE
- Love's on the High-road, op. 83 no. 5 (Text: Dana Burnet)
- Oh Love!, op. 54 no. 1 (Text: Arthur Davison Fiske)
- Requiem, op. 71 no. 1 (Text: Robert Louis Stevenson) GER ITA
- Schöne Wiege meiner Leiden, op. 24 (Songs) no. 1 (Text: Heinrich Heine) CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA ENG
- The destiny of my words, op. 29 no. 3 (Text: William Butler Yeats) FRE IRI
- The Home-Wind, op. 45 no. 1 (Text: Arthur Guiterman)
- The Message, op. 62 no. 3 (Text: Duncan Campbell Scott)
- The sea hath its pearls, op. 24 (Songs) no. 1 (Text: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow after Heinrich Heine) FRE FRE FRE ITA
- Vor der Ernte, op. 75 no. 1 (Text: Friedrich Hermann Frey , as Martin Greif) ENG
Last update: 2018-10-17 19:06:15