Ich liebe dich, so wie du mich
Language: German (Deutsch) after the German (Deutsch)
Ich liebe dich, so wie du mich,
Am Abend und am Morgen,
Noch war kein Tag, wo du und ich
Nicht teilten unsre Sorgen.
Auch waren sie für dich und mich
Geteilt leicht zu ertragen;
Du tröstetest im Kummer mich,
Ich weint in deine Klagen.
Drum Gottes Segen über dir,
Du, meines Lebens Freude.
Gott schütze dich, erhalt dich mir,
Schütz und erhalt uns beide.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG ENG ENG FRE IRI ITA SPA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
The text shown is a variant of another text.
It is based on
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Ik houd van jou", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Tender love", copyright ©
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "Words of love", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (Anonymous/Unidentified Artist) , "My love for thee and thine for me"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Tendre amour", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Amore tenero", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Eduardo Borja Illescas) , "Te amo", copyright © 1982, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-04-28 19:01:21
Line count: 12
Word count: 65
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Words of love
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
I love you as you love me true
our love is ever-caring,
there was no rough there was no smooth,
that you and me weren't sharing.
And trouble shared is trouble halved,
when troubles are allying;
you were the comfort for my part,
your laments made me crying.
So be God's blessing upon you
My joy, my life, my being.
The Lord may keep and shelter you,
protect and keep us living.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2005 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann. Contact:
<BKottmann (AT) t-online.de>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2005-02-23.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:12
Line count: 12
Word count: 72