Texts by A. MacDonald set in Art Songs and Choral Works
Texts set in art song or choral works (not necessarily comprehensive):
The symbol [x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database.
A * indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- Air XXVII (Wert thou like me in life's low vale) (from Love and Loyalty) GER GER
- By the stream so cool and clear (By the stream so cool and clear) - (Franz) Joseph Haydn
- By the stream so cool and clear - (Franz) Joseph Haydn (By the stream so cool and clear)
- Lied der Anne Lyle (Wär'st Du bei mir im Lebensthal') - Franz Peter Schubert CAT DUT FRE ITA
- Wär'st Du bei mir im Lebensthal' CAT DUT FRE ITA - Franz Peter Schubert (Lied der Anne Lyle)
- Wärst du wie ich im niedern Thal geboren
- Wert thou like me in life's low vale (from Love and Loyalty) GER GER (Air XXVII)
Last update: 2018-03-16 11:34:27