Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Gedenke mein! Ich denke dein! Ach, der Trennung Schmertzen Versüsst mir die Hoffnung.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827), "Gedenke mein!", WoO. 130 (1804/5). [voice and piano] [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "Remember me!", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "O, denk aan mij!", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Souviens-toi de moi !", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Alberto Villar
This text was added to the website: 2009-05-13
Line count: 3
Word count: 13
Souviens-toi de moi ! Je pense à toi ! Ah ! la douleur de la séparation Adoucit l'espoir pour moi.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2014 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2014-01-09
Line count: 3
Word count: 20