Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
O Schröpferschwarm, o Händlerkreis, Wer schiebt dir einen Riegel? Das tat mit alter Schelmenweis' Till Eulenspiegel.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Alfred Kerr (1867 - 1948), no title [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Richard Georg Strauss (1864 - 1949), "O Schröpferschwarm, o Händlerkreis", op. 66 no. 12 (1918), from Krämerspiegel, no. 12. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Ô essaim de suceurs de sang, ô bande de marchands", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , no title, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Matthias Fletzberger
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 16
Ô essaim de suceurs de sang, ô bande de marchands, Qui vous fera échec ? Ce que fait avec une nouveau farce Till Eulenspiegel
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2014 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2014-08-03
Line count: 4
Word count: 24