À Thulé un roi très fidèle . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), "Der König in Thule", written 1774, appears in Faust, in Der Tragödie erster Teil (Part I), Margarete's song, first published 1782
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Emmanuel Bondeville (1898 - 1987), "À Thulé un roi très fidèle", 1942 [medium voice and piano]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT FRE IRI ITA POR ; composed by Maude Valérie White.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Gérard Labrunie (1808 - 1855) , "Le roi de Thulé", appears in Le Faust de Goethe CAT DUT ENG ENG ENG IRI ITA POR ; composed by Hector Berlioz.
Text added to the website: 2014-08-30 00:00:00
Last modified: 2019-09-15 10:36:59
Line count: 0
Word count: 0