Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Silberhelles Kinderlachen Dringt zu mir wie Glockenton, Und in meiner Brust erwachen Laute, die vergessen schon. Was ich längst zu Grab getragen, Steigt nun auf wie Lerchensang: Aus der Kindheit fernen Tagen Läutet Osterglockenklang.
- by P. Thimotheus Kranich (1870 - 1947), "Silberhelles Kinderlachen", appears in Schlichte Spende, Beuron (Hohenzollern): Verlag der Beuroner Kunstschule [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Max Springer , "Silberhelles Kinderlachen", op. 15 no. 7 [voice and piano], from Fink und Nachtigall. 7 Lieder aus dem Klosterfrieden, no. 7, Regensburg, Alfred Coppenrath's Verlag [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "Silvery bright laughter of children", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2010-01-01
Line count: 8
Word count: 34
Silvery bright laughter of children Comes to me like the sound of bells, And in my breast there awaken Forgotten sounds. What I had long ago carried to its grave Arises now like the song of a lark: From the faraway days of childhood Sounds the chiming of Easter bells.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2014 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by P. Thimotheus Kranich (1870 - 1947), "Silberhelles Kinderlachen", appears in Schlichte Spende, Beuron (Hohenzollern): Verlag der Beuroner Kunstschule
This text was added to the website: 2014-10-16
Line count: 8
Word count: 50