Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Tiefes Schweigen waltet ringsum, Baum und Blume neigen Ihre Häupter stumm. Draußen wirres Treiben, Hier wie süße Ruh! Und wir alle wallen Diesem Frieden zu.
- by (August) Albert Theodor Kleinschmidt (1847 - 1924) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Max Reger (1873 - 1916), "Friedhofsgang", op. 12 (Fünf Lieder) no. 1 (1893). [voice and piano] [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title 1: "Camí del cementiri", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2011-07-07
Line count: 7
Word count: 25
Regna un profund silenci a tot l’entorn, muts, els arbres i les flors vinclen llurs caps. A fora, confusa activitat, aquí, un dolç repòs! I tots peregrinem vers aquesta pau.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Catalan (Català) copyright © 2014 by Salvador Pila, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by (August) Albert Theodor Kleinschmidt (1847 - 1924)
This text was added to the website: 2014-12-24
Line count: 7
Word count: 30