Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Nos autem gloriari oportet in cruce Domini nostri Iesu Christi in quo est salus, vita, et resurrectio nostra: [per quem salvati et liberati sumus. ]1
1 omitted by Cardoso.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , Holy Thursday, Entry Antiphon [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Manuel Cardoso (c1566 - 1650), "Nos autem gloriari " [chorus], motet [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525?6 - 1594), "Nos autem gloriari" [chorus a cappella] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Ons echter past het te roemen", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bible or other Sacred Texts)
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2014-07-24
Line count: 5
Word count: 25
Wir sollten aber auch das Kreuz unseres Herrn Jesus Christus ehren, da es Heil, Leben und unsere Auferstehung birgt.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from Latin to German (Deutsch) copyright © 2015 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann.  Contact: BKottmann (AT) t-online.deIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2015-02-03
Line count: 4
Word count: 19