Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Virga Jesse floruit: Virgo Deum et hominem genuit: pacem Deus reddidit, in se concilians ima summis.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Joseph) Anton Bruckner (1824 - 1896), "Virga Jesse", WAB. 52 (1885), published 1886 [chorus a cappella], Vienna: Theodor Rättig [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "De twijg van Jesse", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "La branche de Jessé", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website: 2010-02-05 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:33
Line count: 4
Word count: 16
La branche de Jessé a fleuri : Une vierge a engendré Dieu et un homme : Dieu a restauré la paix, Réconciliant en lui le plus humble et le plus élevé.
- Translation from Latin to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2015-07-27 00:00:00
Last modified: 2018-01-21 09:40:35
Line count: 4
Word count: 31