Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Ardo per te, mio bene, ma l'ardore Spira dolce aura al core. Moro per te, mia vita, ma il morire gioia divien, dolcissimo il languire. Felice sorte, ancor ch'io arda e moia: L'ardor divien dolce aura, el morir gioia.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Camilla Bugge) , title 1: "I burn for you, my love", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Ich brenne nach dir, mein Liebster", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Je brûle pour toi, mon amour", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Camilla Bugge
Text added to the website: 2004-10-02 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:10
Line count: 6
Word count: 39
Je brûle pour toi, mon amour, mais le feu envoie un doux souffle au cœur. Je meurs pour toi, ma vie, mais la mort devient joie, la langueur très douce. Sort heureux, que je brûle ou que je meure : Le feu devient un doux souffle, la mort joie.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2015-12-11 00:00:00
Last modified: 2015-12-11 00:40:54
Line count: 6
Word count: 49