Ah! rammenta, o bella Irene, Che giurasti a me costanza. Ah ritorna, amato bene, Ah ritorna al primo amor, Qual conforto, oh! Dio, m'avanza, Chi sarà la mia speranza? Per chi viver più degg'io, Se più mio non è quel cor?
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Cantate [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), [adaptation] ; composed by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ITA ; composed by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Luk Laerenbergh) , "Ah! remember, lovely Irene", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Luk Laerenbergh , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-08-15 20:00:15
Line count: 8
Word count: 41