Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Es winken und nicken hervor aus dem Korn Die Blumen, die roten und blauen, Und tauige Röslein von Busch und Dorn Verstohlen herüberschauen. O Liebe, o Wonne, wie reich erblüht! Vorüber das Suchen und Schweifen! Still in sich selber die Seele glüht Und die Früchte des Lebens reifen.
- by Karl Weitbrecht (1847 - 1904), "Im Sommer", written 1873, appears in Jugendstimmen [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Max Stange (1856 - 1932), "Im Sommer", op. 45 (Vier Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 4, published 1895 [voice and piano], Berlin, Raabe & Plothow [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "In summertime", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2012-03-27
Line count: 8
Word count: 48
From out of the wheat there beckon and nod The flowers, red ones and blue one, From bush and thorn-bush dewy roses Gaze furtively over to us. Oh love, oh rapture, how richly blossomed! The searching and roving is over! Quietly within itself the soul glows And the fruits of life ripen.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2016 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Karl Weitbrecht (1847 - 1904), "Im Sommer", written 1873, appears in Jugendstimmen
This text was added to the website: 2016-03-06
Line count: 8
Word count: 52