Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Mine by the right of the white election! Mine by the royal seal! Mine by the sign in the scarlet prison Bars cannot conceal! Mine, here in vision and in veto! Mine, by the grave's repeal Titled, confirmed, - delirious charter! Mine, while the ages steal!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886), no title, appears in Poems of Emily Dickinson, first published 1890 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Gloria Coates (b. 1938), "Mine by the right of the white election", from 15 Songs on Poems by Emily Dickinson, no. 4. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Arthur Farwell (1872 - 1952), "Mine", op. 73 no. 2, published 1928, from Three Dickinson Poems, no. 2. [ sung text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:26
Line count: 8
Word count: 46
À moi -- par le Droit de l'Élection Blanche ! À moi -- par le Sceau Royal ! À moi -- par le signe de la prison Écarlate -- Les Barreaux -- ne peuvent la cacher ! À moi -- ici -- en Vision -- et par Veto ! À moi -- par l'Annulation de la Tombe -- Titrée -- Confirmée -- Charte délirante ! À moi --
About the headline (FAQ)Translation of title "Mine by the right of the white election" = "À moi -- par le Droit de l'Élection Blanche !"
- Translation from English to French (Français) copyright © 2016 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in English by Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886), no title, appears in Poems of Emily Dickinson, first published 1890
Text added to the website: 2016-11-08 00:00:00
Last modified: 2016-11-08 18:06:20
Line count: 9
Word count: 55