Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Digli ch'io son fedele. Ch'è il mio tesoro, Che m'ami, ch'io l'adoro, Che non disperi ancor. Digli, che la mia stella Spero placar col pianto, Che lo consoli intanto L'immagine di quella Che vive nel suo cor.
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Alessandro nell'Indie [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Georg Friedrich Händel (1685 - 1759), "Digli ch'io son fedele", HWV 28, first performed 1731, from opera Poro, re dell'Indie [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Nicola Antonio Porpora (1686 - 1768), "Digli ch'io son fedele", first performed 1731 [ strings and soprano voice ], from opera Poro [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Tell him that I am faithful", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2018-04-21
Line count: 9
Word count: 37
Tell him that I am faithful, that he is my treasure, that I love him and that he should love me, that he should not despair any further. Tell him that I hope to placate with weeping the stars of my fortune, and that he should let the image of her who resides within his heart console him in the meantime.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Alessandro nell'Indie
This text was added to the website: 2018-08-31
Line count: 9
Word count: 61