Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Braccio sì valoroso core sì generoso il mondo vincerà. E senza usare il brando, co 'l nobil cor pugnando tutto vi cederà.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Paolo Antonio Rolli (1687 - 1765), no title [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Georg Friedrich Händel (1685 - 1759), "Braccio sì valoroso ", HWV 20 no. 14 (1726), first performed 1726, from opera Scipione, no. 14 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "An arm so courageous", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Andrew Schneider) , "Un brazo tan valiente", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2018-06-22
Line count: 6
Word count: 22
Un brazo tan valiente, un corazón tan generoso, vencerá al mundo. Y, sin usar la espada, con sí noble corazón luchando, todo os cederá.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2019 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2019-02-02
Line count: 6
Word count: 24