Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Che fa il mio bene? Perché non viene? Veder mi vuole languir così? Oggi è pur lento nel corso il sole! Ogni momento mi sembra un dì.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, no title, appears in Adriano in Siria [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736), "Che fa il mio bene?", 1732, first performed 1732, from the opera Adriano in Siria [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "What is my love doing?", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Que fait mon bien-aimé ?", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website: 2018-06-14 00:00:00
Last modified: 2018-06-14 13:33:28
Line count: 8
Word count: 27
Que fait mon bien-aimé ? Pourquoi ne vient-il pas ? Veut-il me voir Languir ici ? Aujourd'hui elle est bien lente, La course du soleil ! Chaque instant Me semble un jour.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2019 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, no title, appears in Adriano in Siria
Text added to the website: 2019-02-13 00:00:00
Last modified: 2019-02-13 03:20:04
Line count: 8
Word count: 32