Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
La mi sola, Laureola La mi sola, sola, sola, Yo el cautivo Leriano Aunque mucho estoy ufano Herido de aquella mano Que en el mundo es una sola. La mi sola Laureola La mi sola, sola, sola.
- by Juan Ponce (1480? - ?) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Fernando J. Obradors (1897 - 1945), "La mi sola, Laureola" [ voice and piano ], from Canciones clásicas españolas, vol 1, no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "My one and only, Laureola", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Paolo Montanari) , "La mia sola Laureola", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-05-24 16:31:40
Line count: 8
Word count: 37
My one and only, Laureola My one and only, only, only, I’m the captive Leriano Even though I’m very proud I’m wounded by that hand Of which in the whole world, there is only one. My one and only, Laureola My one and only, only.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to English copyright © 2020 by Laura Prichard, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2020-01-01 00:00:00
Last modified: 2020-01-01 23:20:25
Line count: 8
Word count: 45