Ma guitare, je te chante, Par qui seule je déçois, Je déçois, je romps, j'enchante Les amours que je reçois. Au son de ton harmonie Je rafraîchis ma chaleur, Ma chaleur, flamme infinie, Naissante d'un beau malheur.
- by Pierre de Ronsard (1524 - 1585) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Judith Cloud , "À sa guitare" [baritone or mezzo-soprano and piano], from Quatre mélodies de Ronsard, no. 3 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Francis Poulenc (1899 - 1963), "À sa guitare", FP. 79 [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Bertram Kottmann , "Seiner Gitarre", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission ENG ; composed by Gary Bachlund.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Victoria de Menil) , "To his guitar", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 37