Summus erit sub carne satus clarissimus atque Virginis Et vere complevit viscera sanctum Verbum consilio sine noxa spiritus almi, Despectus multis tamen ille salutis amore Arguet et nostra commissa piacula culpa, Cuius honos constans et gloria certa manebit.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author, from a medieval compilation of Jewish, Christian and pagan sources. [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Roland de Lassus (1532 - 1594), "Sibylla Agrippa", published 1578, from Prophetiae Sibyllarum, no. 13. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , title unknown, copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Sibylle Agrippa", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (David Wyatt) , title 1: "The Agrippan Oracle", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 38