Colombe, l'amour et l'esprit Qui engendrâtes Jésus-Christ, Comme vous j'aime une Marie. Qu'avec elle je me marie.
- by Wilhelm Albert Włodzimierz Apolinary Kostrowicki (1880 - 1918), as Guillaume Apollinaire, "La colombe", written 1910, appears in Le Bestiaire, ou Cortège d'Orphée, no. 26, first published 1911 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Claude Ballif (1924 - 2004), "La colombe", op. 1b no. 26 (1945-48), published 1994 [ voice and piano ], from Le Cortège d’Orphée, no. 26, Édition Durand & Fils [sung text not yet checked]
- by Louis Durey (1888 - 1979), "La colombe", op. 17a no. 26 (1919), from Le Bestiaire, no. 26 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Rachel Laurin (b. 1961), "La Colombe", op. 22 no. 4 (1992), copyright © 1992 [ medium voice and piano ], from Le Bestiaire, no. 4 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Francis Poulenc (1899 - 1963), "La colombe", FP 15b no. 2, from Deux Mélodies inédites du Bestiaire, no. 2 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "The dove", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 17