Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Grand Rapids Michigan. A local striptease joint must build ramps to accommodate handicapped strippers, state officials have ruled.
Note: this is a prose text. Line breaks have been added arbitrarily.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Elizabeth Walton Vercoe (b. 1941), "Wheeler-Peelers", 2008 [ mezzo-soprano and guitar ], from Five True Remarkable Occurrences, no. 4, confirmed with composer's website [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Poom Andrew Pipatjarasgit) , "Les éplucheurs à roues", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Poom Andrew Pipatjarasgit) , "Los peladores rodantes", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Malcolm Wren [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2018-11-19
Line count: 4
Word count: 18
Grand Rapids, Míchigan. Un club nudista local tiene que construir las rampas para acomodarse a los artistas de striptease con discapacidad, los agentes del Estado han ordenado.
- Translation from English to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2019 by Poom Andrew Pipatjarasgit, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2019-08-05
Line count: 4
Word count: 27