Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Quando verrà quel dì che riveder potrò quel che l'amante cor tanto desia? Quando verrà quel dì che in sen t'accoglierò, bella fiamma d'amor, anima mia?
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Vincenzo Bellini (1801 - 1835), "Il fervido desiderio", from Tre Ariette, no. 1. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Camilla Bugge) , title 1: "The fervent wish", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Das heiße Verlangen", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 26
When will that day come when I may see again that which the loving heart so desires? When will that day come when I welcome you to my bosom, beautiful flame of love, my own soul?
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2004 by Camilla Bugge, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2004-10-02
Line count: 6
Word count: 36