20 Quare data est misero lux et vita his qui in amaritudine animae sunt 21 qui expectant mortem et non venit quasi effodientes thesaurum 22 gaudentque vehementer cum invenerint sepulchrum 23 viro cuius abscondita est via et circumdedit eum Deus tenebris?
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , Job 3:20-23 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , Job 3:20-23. CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE ; composed by Johannes Brahms.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , Job 3:20-23
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , Job 3:20-23.
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2006-01-05
Line count: 8
Word count: 41