Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Jeg kaldte dig mit lykkebud; Jeg kaldte dig min stjerne. Du blev da også, sandt for Gud, Et lykkebud, der gik gik ud; En stjerne, ja, et stjerneskud, Der slukned i det fjerne.
- by Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), "Stambogsrim", written 1871, appears in Digte [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907), "Stambogsrim", op. 25 (Seks digt af Henrik Ibsen) no. 3 (1876), published 1876. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Anna Maria Norberg-Schulz) , title 1: "Versi per un album", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "Rimes d'un album", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 33
Ti chiamai: mio portafortuna Ti chiamai: mia stella E tu lo fosti, Dio m`è testimone. Là una stella tramonta, una stella cadente Si spegne di lontano.
- Translation from Norwegian (Bokmål) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2006 by Anna Maria Norberg-Schulz, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Anna Maria Norberg-Schulz.  Contact: contact: elinorberg (AT) fastwebnet (DOT) itIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
- a text in Norwegian (Bokmål) by Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), "Stambogsrim", written 1871, appears in Digte
This text was added to the website: 2006-06-23
Line count: 6
Word count: 26