Memorare, o piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego, tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo virginum, Mater curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere, sed audi, propitia, et exaudi. Amen.
- sometimes misattributed to St. Bernard of Clairvaux (1091 - 1153)
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Memorare", part of the 15th-century prayer "Ad sanctitatis tuae pedes, dulcissima Virgo Maria." [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alphons Diepenbrock (1862 - 1921), "Memorare", 1902 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Theo Van der Bijl (1886 - 1971), "Memorare" [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Georges Boyer (1850 - 1931) [an adaptation] ; composed by Jules Massenet.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts ; composed by Pierre de Bréville.
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2008-07-26
Line count: 12
Word count: 53