La marguerite a fermé sa corolle, L'ombre a fermé les yeux du jour. Belle, me tiendras-tu parole? Ouvre ton coeur à mon amour. Ouvre ton coeur, ô jeune ange, à ma flamme, Qu'un rêve charme ton sommeil. Je veux reprendre mon âme, Comme une fleur s'ouvre au soleil!
- possibly by Louis Michel James Lacour Delâtre (1815 - 1893) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
- possibly by H. Trianon  [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Georges Bizet (1838 - 1875), "Ouvre ton cœur", 1859-60, published 1886 [high voice and piano], from Seize mélodies pour chant et piano, no. 2, Paris, Éd. Choudens [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Ahmed E. Ismail) , title 1: "Open your heart", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Enrico Magnani) , title 1: "Apri il tuo cuore", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 48