Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
La marguerite a fermé sa corolle, L'ombre a fermé les yeux du jour. Belle, me tiendras-tu parole? Ouvre ton coeur à mon amour. Ouvre ton coeur, ô jeune ange, à ma flamme, Qu'un rêve charme ton sommeil. Je veux reprendre mon âme, Comme une fleur s'ouvre au soleil!
- possibly by Louis Michel James Lacour Delâtre (1815 - 1893) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
- possibly by H. Trianon  [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Georges Bizet (1838 - 1875), "Ouvre ton cœur", 1859-60, published 1886 [high voice and piano], from Seize mélodies pour chant et piano, no. 2, Paris, Éd. Choudens [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Ahmed E. Ismail) , title 1: "Open your heart", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Enrico Magnani) , title 1: "Apri il tuo cuore", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 48
Ha richiuso, la margherita, la sua corolla, l'ombra ha chiuso gli occhi del giorno. Mia amata, manterrai la parola? Apri il tuo cuore al mio amore. Apri il tuo cuore, giovane angelo, alla mia fiamma, perché un sogno incanta il tuo sonno. Voglio rinvigorire la mia anima, come un fiore che si apre al sole!
- Translation from French (Français) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2007 by Enrico Magnani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Enrico Magnani.  Contact: magnanienrico (AT) tiscali (DOT) itIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
- a text in French (Français) possibly by Louis Michel James Lacour Delâtre (1815 - 1893) and possibly by H. Trianon
This text was added to the website: 2007-10-27
Line count: 8
Word count: 55