— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by George Gordon Noel Byron, Lord Byron (1788 - 1824), "Herod's lament for Mariamne", appears in Hebrew Melodies, no. 16, first published 1815
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Carl Debrois van Bruyck (1828 - 1902), "Des Herodes Klage um Miriamne" [voice and piano]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Franz Theremin (1780 - 1846) , "Herodes' Klage um Mariamne", written 1820, appears in Hebräische Gesänge FRE ; composed by Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Adolf Böttger (1815 - 1870) , "Herodes' Klage um Mariamne", appears in Hebräische Melodien, no. 19, first published 1841 FRE ; composed by Karl Müller.
This page was added to the website: 2009-08-09