Wenn mein Herz beginnt zu klingen Und den Tönen löst die Schwingen, Schweben vor mir her und wieder Bleiche Wonnen, unvergessen Und die Schatten von Zypressen - Dunkel klingen meine Lieder!
- by Adolf Frey (1855 - 1920), appears in Gedichte, in Von der Kunst, Leipzig, first published 1886 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Meine Lieder", op. 106 (Fünf Lieder) no. 4 (1888), published 1888 [ voice and piano ], Berlin, Simrock [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Mijn liederen", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "My songs", copyright ©
- ENG English (Joachim Reinhuber) , "My songs", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Mes chants", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "I miei canti", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 31