Tota pulchra es Maria. Et macula originalis non est in te. Tu gloria Jerusalem. Tu laetitia Israel. Tu honorificentia populi nostri. Tu advocata peccatorum. O Maria, Maria! Virgo prudentissima. Mater clementissima. Ora pro nobis. Intercede pro nobis ad Dominum Jesum Christum.
The text shown is a variant of another text.
It is based on
- a text in Latin by Bible or other Sacred Texts , appears in Song of Songs of Solomon (Canticum Canticorum Salomonis); or Canticle of Canticles, no. 4
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Joseph) Anton Bruckner (1824 - 1896), "Tota pulchra es Maria", WAB. 46 (1878), published 1887 [tenor, chorus, and organ], Vienna: Emil Wetzler [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts LAT LAT LAT ; composed by Howard Skempton.
- Also set in Latin, [adaptation] ; composed by Maurice Duruflé.
- Also set in Latin, [adaptation] ; composed by Heinrich Isaac, John Plummer.
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2010-02-05
Line count: 12
Word count: 41