Tornate sereni begli astri d'amore; la speme baleni [fral]1 vostro dolore; se mesti girate, mi fate morir. Oh dio, lo sapete, voi soli al mio core, voi date e togliete la forza e l'ardir.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Achille in Sciro, by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi, Vienna, van Ghelen, 1736, lines 1100-1109.1 Mendelssohn: "fra il"
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, no title, appears in Achille in Sciro [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
- by Giovanni Adolfo Hasse (1699 - 1783), "Tornate sereni, beglia astri d'amore", 1759, first performed 1759 [ 2 flutes, 2 bassoons, strings, soprano voice, and continuo ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Antonio Salieri (1750 - 1825), "Tornate sereni", 1803 [ voice and piano ], from Divertimenti vocali, no. 17, confirmed with a CD booklet [sung text checked 1 time]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847), "Ch'io t'abbandono in periglio sì grande", 1825 [ voice and piano ]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2019-11-27
Line count: 10
Word count: 34