Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
It is very nice to think The world is full of meat and drink, With little children saying grace In every Christian kind of place.
- by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894), "A thought", appears in A Child's Garden of Verses, first published 1885 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Grace Wilbur Conant (1858 - 1948), "A thought", published 1915. [voice and piano] [text not verified]
- by Edward Falk , "A thought", published <<1940 [voice and piano], from A Child's Garden of Verses [text not verified]
- by Antonio Giacometti (b. 1957), "A thought", 2005 [baritone and piano], from Seven Stevenson Songs, no. 2. [text not verified]
- by Marvin Radnor , "A thought", published 1923. [voice and piano] [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Paolo Montanari) , title 1: "Un pensiero", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2008-11-27 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:01
Line count: 4
Word count: 25
È molto bello pensare che il mondo è pieno di roba da mangiare, con dei bambini che dicono la preghiera in tutti i posti cristiani del mondo.
- Translation from English to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Paolo Montanari, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in English by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894), "A thought", appears in A Child's Garden of Verses, first published 1885
Text added to the website: 2010-04-05 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:38
Line count: 4
Word count: 27