Dolcissima mia vita, a che tardate la bramata aita? Credete forse che'l bel foco ond' ardo, sia per finir perche torcete il guardo? Ahi, non fia mai che brama il mio desire o d'amarti o morire.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (c1561 - 1613), "Dolcissima mia vita" [ chorus a cappella ], madrigal [sung text checked 2 times]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "My sweetest life", copyright © 2009
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Ma vie très douce", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Mein süßestes Leben", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 36