My friends, I hereby bid of you a song that's new and inspiring A Paradise right here on earth that everyone's desiring!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Leonard J[ordan] Lehrman (b. 1949), stanza 7 [an adaptation] [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Deutschland. Ein Wintermärchen, no. 1
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- [ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Leonard J[ordan] Lehrman (b. 1949), "At the border", op. 72 no. 1, published 1984 [tenor and piano], from Ein Wanderer durch Deutschland, nach Heines Wintermärchen (A Wanderer through DEUTSCHLAND after Heine's Wintermärchen), no. 1
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Leonard J[ordan] Lehrman (b. 1949) , stanza 1 [an adaptation] ; composed by Leonard J[ordan] Lehrman.
Researcher for this text: Leonard Lehrman
This text was added to the website: 2010-09-13
Line count: 4
Word count: 22