Crux fidelis, inter omnes arbor una nobilis: nulla silva talem profert, fronde, flore, germine. Dulce lignum, dulces clavos, dulce pondus sustinet.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Venantius Fortunatus, Saint (c530 - c609) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Edmund Duncan Rubbra (1901 - 1986), "Crux fidelis", op. 140 no. 2 [soprano, contralto, baritone, chorus, and orchestra], from Symphony No. 9, "Sinfonia Sacra", no. 2. [text verified 1 time]
- by Anton von Webern (1883 - 1945), "Crux fidelis, inter omnes arbor una nobilis
", op. 16 no. 3 (1923-4), from Fünf Canons, no. 3. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Betrouwbaar kruis", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title unknown, copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Jeroen Scholten
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 21