Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Al paño fino, en la tienda, una mancha le cayó; Por menos precio se vende, Porque perdió su valor. ¡Ay!
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Manuel de Falla (1876 - 1946), "El Paño Moruno", published 1914 [voice and piano], from Siete Canciones Populares Espanolas, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Claudia Landivar Cody) , title 1: "The moorish cloth", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Julia Hamann) , title 1: "Das maurische Tuch", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Le tissu mauresque", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Arthur Rishi
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-04-29 12:40:37
Line count: 5
Word count: 20
Sur le beau tissu, dans le magasin, Une tache est tombée, À un moindre prix il se vend, Parce qu'il a perdu de sa valeur. Ay !
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2012-02-02 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:45
Line count: 5
Word count: 27