Adorned with yellow pears [ ... ]
- by David Emery Gascoyne (1916 - 2001), "The half of life", appears in Hölderlin's Madness, first published 1938, copyright © [an adaptation] [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Friedrich Hölderlin (1770 - 1843), "Hälfte des Lebens", appears in Gedichte 1800-1804, in Nachtgesänge
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Eric Hudes (b. 1920), "The half of life", op. 10 no. 2, copyright © 1973 [soprano and piano], from Four Fragments from Hölderlin's Madness, no. 2, London : Thames Publishing [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Czech (Čeština), a translation by Erich Adolf Saudek (1904 - 1963) , "Polivina života", copyright © CAT ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE IRI RUS ; composed by Gideon Klein.
- Also set in English, a translation by Manfred Fischbeck , "Half of life", copyright © CAT CZE FRE FRE IRI RUS ; composed by Andrea Clearfield.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Dmitri Nikolaevich Smirnov (b. 1948) CAT CZE ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE IRI ; composed by Dmitri Nikolaevich Smirnov.
This text was added to the website: 2012-02-19
Line count: 11
Word count: 61