Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Scaramella va alla guerra colla lancia et la rotella, la zombero boro borombetta, la boro borombo. Scaramella fa la gala cholla scharpa et la stivala, la zombero boro borombetta, la zombero boro borombo.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Loyset Compère (c1440 - 1518), "Scaramella" [vocal quartet] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Josquin des Prez (c1440 - 1521), "Scaramella" [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (David Wyatt) , "Scaramella", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , John Versmoren
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 33
Scaramella goes to war with his lance and round shield, Bom-borom-borom-bom... Scaramella is out for fun, with his shoes and pack, Bom-borom-borom-bom...
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2012 by David Wyatt, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2012-07-14
Line count: 4
Word count: 22