Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Nicht nur wenn unsre Pfade sich vereinen, Bin ich bei Dir - Auch wenn [die Hand]1 nicht ruhet in [der]2 Deinen, Bin ich bei Dir. Es geht ein leis geheimnisvolles Grüßen Von mir zu Dir, Daß Wind und Wolken Boten werden müssen Von mir zu Dir.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
1 Rothschild: "mein Blick"
2 Rothschild: "dem"
- by Valeska, Gräfin Bethusy-Huc (1849 - 1926), no title [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Mathilde, Baroness Willy de Rothschild (1832 - 1924), "Nicht nur, wenn uns're Pfade sich vereinen", published 1897 [voice and piano], from Sechs Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte, no. 2, Frankfurt a/M., Firnberg [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Not only when we share a path", copyright © 2012
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2012-11-15
Line count: 8
Word count: 46
Not only when we share a path Am I with you -- Even when my hand does not rest on yours, I am with you. A soft mysterious greeting Travels from me to you; The wind and clouds must become messengers From me to you.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2012 by Emily Ezust
Emily Ezust permits her translations to be reproduced without prior permission for printed (not online) programs to free-admission concerts only, provided the following credit is given:
Translation copyright © by Emily Ezust,
from the LiederNet Archive -- https://www.lieder.net/
For any other purpose, please write to the e-mail address below to request permission and discuss possible fees.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Valeska, Gräfin Bethusy-Huc (1849 - 1926), no title
This text was added to the website: 2012-11-27
Line count: 8
Word count: 44