Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
Lykken mellem to Mennesker er hverken Hu! eller Hej! snarest er den et ensomt Græs, der grønnes paa stenet Vej. Lykken mellem to Mennesker er hverken Kys eller Klap, snarest er den et Skumringssus, der aander, hvor Solen slap. Lykken mellem to Mennesker er som den dunkle Nat, stille, men med de tusinde, tavse Stjerner besat.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Viggo Henrik Fog Stuckenberg (1863 - 1905), no title, appears in Sne, in Ingeborg, no. 6, first published 1901 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Eyvind Alnæs (1872 - 1932), "Lykken mellem to mennesker", op. 26 (Tre sange = Drei Lieder) no. 1, published c1913 [ voice and piano ], København : W. Hansen [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (unknown or anonymous translator) , "Happiness between two human beings"
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 12
Word count: 56
Happiness between two human beings cannot be likened to the hee and the ho! Rather it more closely resembles the lonesome strand of grass That greens the stony road. Happiness between two human beings is by the way neither kisses nor pats, Rather, it could be more likened to twilight's whisper and breath, The way daytime could never do. Happiness is more like the quiet of the pitch-dark night, Possessed by thousands upon thousands of stars.
- Translation from Danish (Dansk) to English by unknown or anonymous translator
- a text in Danish (Dansk) by Viggo Henrik Fog Stuckenberg (1863 - 1905), no title, appears in Sne, in Ingeborg, no. 6, first published 1901
This text was added to the website: 2013-01-26
Line count: 12
Word count: 76