Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Trommeln und Pfeifen, Kriegrischer Klang! Wandern und streifen Die Welt entlang, Rosse gelenkt, Mutig geschwenkt, Schwert an der Seite, Frisch in die Weite, Flüchtig und flink, Frei, wie der Fink Auf Sträuchern und Bäumen, In Himmels Räumen, Heisa! ich folge des Friedländers Fahn!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Friedrich von Schiller (1759 - 1805), no title, appears in Wallenstein, in Wallensteins Lager, 7. Auftritt (Rekrut singt) [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Eduard Lassen (1830 - 1904), "Rekrutenlied aus Wallensteins Lager, von Schiller", op. 61 (Sechs Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianofortebegleitung) no. 6, published 1877 [voice and piano], Breslau, Hainauer [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2010-09-29
Line count: 13
Word count: 43
The drums, the pipes, the din of war! Wandering, roving across the globe! Upon our horses, swords at our side, we go off in the distance, fleeting and quick, free as the finch, carefree in the bushes, groves, and trees, in heaven's very realm, Heissa! I follow the flag of the Friedlander!
About the headline (FAQ)Translation of title "Rekrutenlied aus Wallensteins Lager, von Schiller" = "Recruiting Song from Schiller's 'Wallenstein's Camp'"
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2019 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Friedrich von Schiller (1759 - 1805), no title, appears in Wallenstein, in Wallensteins Lager, 7. Auftritt (Rekrut singt)
This text was added to the website: 2019-04-28
Line count: 14
Word count: 52