Guten Abend, gut' Nacht
Language: German (Deutsch)
Guten Abend, gut' Nacht,
Von Englein bewacht.
Die zeigen im Traum
Dir Christkindleins Baum
[Droben im Paradies
Schlaf nun selig uns süß]1.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA POR SPA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Brahms, Ives: "Schlaf nun selig und süß, /
Schau im Traum's Paradies"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
[ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Wiegenlied", op. 49 (Fünf Lieder für eine Singstimme mit Begleitung des Pianoforte) no. 4 (1868), published 1868, first performed 1869 [voice and piano], Berlin, Simrock
- by Charles Edward Ives (1874 - 1954), "Wiegenlied", 1900?
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Goedenavond, goedenacht", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Good evening, good night", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Bonsoir, bonne nuit", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Buonasera, buonanotte", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Axel Bergstedt) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (unknown or anonymous translator) , "Buenas tardes, buenas noches", written 2009
Text added to the website: 2003-11-21.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:00
Line count: 6
Word count: 22
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works