Language: French (Français)
Assez vu. La vision s'est rencontrée à tous les airs.
Assez eu. Rumeurs des Villes, le soir, et au soleil, et toujours.
Assez connu. Les arrêts de la vie. Ô Rumeurs et Visions!
Départ dans l'affection et le bruit neufs!
Translation(s): CHI ENG SPA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Edward) Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976), "Départ", op. 18 no. 9, from Les Illuminations, no. 9. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Philippe Hersant (b. 1948), "Départ", 1998 [mixed chorus a cappella], from Allegories, no. 3, Éditions Durand [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Judith Lang Zaimont , "Départ", 1974, first performed 1975 [high voice and piano], from Chansons nobles et sentimentales, no. 5. [ sung text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CHI Chinese (汉语 / 漢語) (Yen-Chiang Che) , title 1: "離別", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Ahmed E. Ismail) , title 1: "Departure", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (José Miguel Llata) , title 1: "Partida", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:47
Line count: 4
Word count: 40
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the French (Français)
Enough seen. Visions have been met in every respect.
Enough has been. Rumors of towns, at night, and in the light of day, and always.
Enough known. The decrees of life. O rumors and visions!
Depart in new affection and new noise.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from French (Français) to English copyright © 2004 by Ahmed E. Ismail, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2004-07-04.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:08
Line count: 4
Word count: 42