Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Neue Gedichte, in Neuer Frühling, no. 33 FRE SPA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Nicolae Bretan, Felix Draeseke, Zdenko Antonín Václav Fibich, Rudolf Gritzner, Oskar Guttmann, Martin Jacobi, Benjamin Lambord, Wilhelm Mauke, Dmitry Mikheyevich Melkikh, Erik Meyer-Helmund, Josef Renner, jun., Peter Schram, Mario Van Overeem, Margarete Voigt-Schweikert, Ellen Wright, née Riley. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE SPA ; composed by Henry Kimball Hadley.
- Also set in English, a translation by Julian Henry Charles Fane (1827 - 1870) FRE SPA ; composed by Ellen Wright, née Riley.
- Also set in Romanian (Română), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE SPA ; composed by Nicolae Bretan.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Aleksei Konstantinovich Tolstoy, Count (1817 - 1875) FRE SPA ; composed by Dmitry Mikheyevich Melkikh.
- Also set in Spanish (Español), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE ; composed by Miguel Lerdo de Tejada.
Text added to the website: 2008-04-23 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:40
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works