В четырёх стенах
Language: Russian (Русский)
Комнатка тесная, тихая, милая,
Тень непроглядная, тень безответная,
Дума глубокая, песня унылая,
В бьющемся сердце надежда заветная
Быстрый полёт за мгновеньем мгновения,
Взор неподвижный на счастье далёкое,
Много сомнения, много терпения,
Вот она, ночь моя, ночь одинокая.
Translation(s): ENG FRE GER GER
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Show a transliteration: Default | DIN | GOST
Note on Transliterations
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sergey Rybin) , "Within four walls", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Entre quatre murs", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Frieder Anders) , "In den vier Wänden", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Zwischen vier Wänden", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-01-23 21:53:00
Line count: 8
Word count: 37
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Within four walls
Language: English after the Russian (Русский)
A tiny room, quiet and pleasant,
An impenetrable darkness, irresponsive darkness;
A deep thought, a sorrowful song;
A treasured hope in the beating heart;
Speedy flight of moment after moment;
A petrified glance at a far-away happiness;
Plenty of doubt, plenty of endurance.
Here it is, my night, night of solitude.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Russian (Русский) to English copyright © 2011 by Sergey Rybin, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-06-19.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:25
Line count: 8
Word count: 51