Language: German (Deutsch) after the English
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792 - 1822), "A dirge", first published 1824 FRE ITA ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Roy Ewing Agnew, Creighton Allen, George Antheil, Arthur C. Berdahl, Ernest Blake, Frank Bridge, Benjamin Britten, Charles Edward Ives. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Harald Genzmer (1909 - 2007), "Ein Klagegesang", 1969, published 1969 [TTBB chorus a cappella], from Englisch Horn, no. 3, Mainz : Schott ; issued separately
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in English, original text by Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792 - 1822) , title 1: "A dirge", published 1824 ITA GER by Frank Bridge, Charles Edward Ives, Roy Ewing Agnew, Creighton Allen, George Antheil, Arthur C. Berdahl, Ernest Blake, Benjamin Britten.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Roberto Ascoli , title unknown GER by Ottorino Respighi.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Augusta Guidetti , title unknown GER by Giorgio Federico Ghedini.
Text added to the website: 2011-06-26T00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16T10:04:26
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works